Marketing and Communications Manager
Summary: Palm Beach Symphony is hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) that is highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable. Must be a strategic leader, brand advocate, storyteller and integrated marketer with the ability to unify key constituencies at the highest level with powerful communication strategies that consistently promote our mission, vision, image, messaging, development and fundraising with creative, innovative and strategic thinking.
Position: A key team member, reporting to the CEO and working closely with all Team Members, the MCM is responsible for internal and external communications, implementing and overseeing all initiatives including marketing, communications, advertising, graphic design, social media, PR, ticket sales, box office and effectively expanding our audience reach.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns through both traditional and digital media for all initiatives including attracting new audiences.
- Develop and oversee implementation of the communications plan for all marketing and development materials including board and CEO talking points, program, donor and VIP correspondence, season and additional brochures, advertising, email, direct mail, concert program books, website, newsletters, social media, e-news content, company reports, blogs, articles, impact reports, event signage and fliers, sponsorship decks, musician bios, non-concert programs, post-event surveys.
- Maintain a performance dashboard of marketing tactics and implement continual optimization of tactics based on performance.
- Develop and execute follow-up surveys to collect post-event feedback from patrons.
- Develop the strategy for and create, manage and post to all social media properties.
- Develop and create video documentaries and promotional videos.
- Manage concert photography & society photography.
- Manage photo and video usage (live events, social media, YouTube Channel, marketing table, print collateral, etc.).
- Assist in creating effective member and subscriber communications.
- Ensure adherence to company style guidelines through all communication materials
- across all departments.
- Manage CRM with audience information collected at events and elsewhere.
- Maintain and further develop the website and the email list.
- Manage all PR firm which is responsible for developing support strategies; messaging; writing and distributing press materials; and media relations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with printers and coordinate quotes for printing jobs.
- Attend conferences and events as needed.
- Cultivate relationships with community partners, media and ad reps.
- Monitor and report on marketing and social media analytics.
- Assist with inventory and organization of digital assets, including organization of folders on Facebook, Instagram, DropBox, Press Corner.
- Maintain marketing materials and press coverage archives.
- Create, manage and implement a comprehensive advertising campaign across multiple channels.
- Manage solicitation of program book and other PBS advertising.
- Pursue further advertising initiatives by collaborating and partnering with arts organizations in the community.
- Widening our audience reach by being featured on other organizations' social media platforms (social media, newsletters, emails, etc.).
- Manage advertising outlets strategically for the best audience reach and engagement.
- Manage paid advertising relationships (commercial content, paid social media advertising, email campaigns etc.).
- Strategically plan paid advertising content to synergize and boost our organic content.
- Maintain positive relations and cultivate advertising partnerships.
Sinclair Broadcast Partnership
- Collaborate and manage the creation of content with Sinclair, including Paid Social Media Ads, Smart Mailers, OTT/CTV, and Television.
- Monitor all data from Sinclair and strategize to increase audience reach and engagement.
- Manage social media ad engagement, including commenting back and inviting engaged viewers to like our FB page.
- Cultivate positive relationships with Sinclair Team members.
- Manage and oversee Sinclair taking over our Google SEM Grant Opportunity.
- Implement all aspects of season and family concert ticket sales and renewal campaigns (email, direct mail, social media, telemarketing, acquisition of prospect lists, advertising placement and production of all materials.
- Support group sales and corporate ticket sales programs.
- Implement a single ticket sales campaign including design and placement of advertising across media and special promotions.
- Grow the community partnership program through the promotion of group sales, ticket offers and partnerships.
- Boost ticket sales through in-house advertising and marketing initiatives including rack cards, posters and other tangible assets.
- Work with the Box Office to ensure that our marketing initiatives are strategically flowing alongside ticket sales.
- Communicating with the box office and working closely to understand the data and to strategically speak to our target audience.
- Repivoting, strategizing and retargeting based on the demographic, sales, and our competitor's performance to cultivate an increase in ticket sales.
- Attend all concerts and special events as a liaison to the media and the public. Oversee the distribution of tickets to press and VIPs. Participate in artist and patron hospitality as requested.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and arts leaders to enhance the Symphony’s image and enhance public understanding of and support for the Symphony’s unique role in the community.
- Attend civic and cultural events and represent PBS through speaking engagements.
- Enlist and coordinate volunteers to participate in marketing and public relations events and campaigns.
- Work with Ladies Guild volunteers to provide all marketing and promotional materials for all fundraising events including direct mail, print and electronic media.
- Manage, create and implement marketing campaigns to support events, including live/online auctions.
- Writing the scripts and managing the "Call to the Heart" video for the Gala and Holly Jolly.
- Manage and create special event videos and scripts.
Budget & Reporting
- Monitor marketing budget to meet all revenue goals.
- Report on progress of all ticket sales campaigns and provide other reports as requested.
- Assist in preparing presentations and reports, including sales data, social media analytics, etc.
- Report on all marketing initiatives during weekly staff or Symphony meetings.
- Report to coworkers as marketing campaigns relate to their department.
- Effectively communicate with team members so all marketing campaigns are without errors and accurately represent the concert/event.
- Maintain and update the website including:
- Creating new landing pages
- Creating forms
- Cultivating engaging blogs
- Oversee, manage and cultivate:
- Website updates pre/post concerts and events
- Press room is up to date with most recent PR
- Website is current and up to date
- Monitor website data and SEM ranking.
- Increase SEO, website traffic and the length of website visits.
- Manage and update Palm Beach Symphony’s Google page.
- Monitor data and strategize to increase google ranking.
- Ensure that any engaged visitors or reviews are responded to within a timely manner.
- Work with the Development Committee to create and execute audience development initiatives.
- Work with the Development Team to:
- maintain patron database
- coordinate the purchase of mailing lists as needed
- develop and execute cultivation plans and solicitation and fundraising strategies including materials
- develop our audience reach
- Keep track of development committee ideas and how these can strategically apply to our future season, events, and concerts, in relation to marketing.
- Seeking and learning new digital tools to streamline content creation processes.
- Stay up to date with digital apps and platforms to create engaging content.
- Monitor data and competitors' marketing initiatives to keep competitive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, fundraising/development, public relations, business and/or music preferably with five years of marketing, development, sales or related experience and a strong customer service background. Experience working in a performing arts organization is a plus.
- A strong interest in and willingness to learn about classical music.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to write and speak persuasively about the mission and vision of the Palm Beach Symphony.
- The ability to work effectively with board members, staff, musicians, community leaders and volunteers.
- Experience using a CRM to segment and understand audiences.
- Commitment to attend many evening and weekend activities and travel occasionally.
- Comfortable utilizing research and analytics tools on the internet.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; Adobe Suite; and website development. A knowledge of Patron Manager donor management software and ticketing software is a plus.
- Skilled in using Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Jarvis, MailChimp, Sprout Social, Linktree, Webflow etc.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and status.
Benefits Offered: Health insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2022
Contact name: David McClymont - CEO
Contact email: email@example.com
Orchestra website: www.palmbeachsymphony.org
Application Procedure: E-mail cover letter with salary requirements, resume and writing sample to David McClymont, Palm Beach Symphony, firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls.
About the Palm Beach Symphony
The mission of Palm Beach Symphony is to engage, educate and entertain the greater community of the Palm Beaches through live performances of inspiring orchestral music.
The Symphony has grown and expanded from its small beginnings in 1974. It has since become a key cultural force in the area through high quality concerts and fine dining experiences, social and community events, and educational outreach programs.
The Palm Beaches and the surrounding area is a cultural center which gives PBS the opportunity to perform in historically unique and intimate venues, including the Kravis Center, the Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Mar-a-Lago, Benjamin Hall, and the Society of the Four Arts.
Maestro Gerard Schwarz, internationally acclaimed, crafts a diverse and engaging musical program, which features world-renowned guest artists tailored to these intimate venues, creating perfect musical settings. Even with a strong cultural center, the Symphony still seeks to serve a larger, broader community by expanding its reach throughout Palm Beach County with unique social and community events.
From December through April, PBS offers a variety of social and community events throughout Palm Beach County along with its regular season programming. With socials ranging from lively, young festivities and elegant, intimate affairs, the Symphony’s expanding diverse community continues to grow due to new programs and outreach events, including a new Young Friends group which hosts events throughout the County.
PBS’s Educational programs–Children’s Concert Series, STEAM, Side-by-Side Concerts, Educational and Teachers Resources–are provided to students of all ages and grade levels at no cost to them. The Symphony also offers students a chance to attend Symphony rehearsals allowing students to see the process and meet the professional musicians.
PBS staff strives to accommodate a growing audience. The Symphony is funded by contributions, fundraising activities, grants, underwriting, and ticket sales.