Writers, designers (costume, lighting, props, scenic, sound) and production technicians are not eligible.
- All applicants must be dedicated to enhancing the cultural and artistic life of Palm Beach County.
- Although the applicant does not need to reside in Palm Beach County, the applicant’s work must be based primarily in Palm Beach County.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to apply for only the prize category that best reflects the applicant’s contribution to the cultural and artistic life of Palm Beach County.
- Applicants for the Performing Artist Award should have at least a five-year demonstrated track record as a performing artist in Palm Beach County.
- Applicants for the Performing Arts Educator Award should have at least a five-year demonstrated track record as a performing arts educator in Palm Beach County.
- Applicants for the Emerging Artist Award should have at least a three-year demonstrated track record either as a performing artist OR performing arts educator in Palm Beach County and be at least 21 years of age.
- An individual performing artist or performing arts educator may self-nominate for prize consideration. A nominee may also be nominated by a person from within or outside the Palm Beach County community.
- The Letter of Nomination should not be written or submitted by a spouse or family member.
- A Letter of Nomination should include the following contact information for the nominee: Full name, permanent address, phone number, email address and website (if applicable).
The Letter of Nomination Should
- Specify the particular Frank Prize (Performing Artist, Performing Arts Educator or Emerging Artist) for which the nominee wishes to be considered.
- Address the reason for the nomination, such as the nominee’s achievements and goals and, if nominated by another individual, outline the length of time the nominator has known the nominee and in what capacity.
- Document the record of the nominee’s performing arts or performing arts education experience in Palm Beach County.
- Address how the nominee has enhanced the cultural and artistic life of Palm Beach County.
- Outline the nominee’s commitment to excellence in the nominee’s field.
- If applicable, summarize the nominee’s teaching experience as it relates to performing arts education and document the particular age group(s) and constituencies the nominee has mentored.
Support materials are limited to no more than six (6) single-sided pages of supporting documents, and no more than three audio and/or visual examples. The Letter of Nomination and résumé (if provided) are not counted towards the six-page limitation on support materials. The Letter of Nomination should be no longer than two single-sided pages, single-spaced, 12-point font. Please put your name on each page of every document.