Lisa Bruna B-Major Award
Nominations for the 2022 Lisa Bruna B-Major Award are now OPEN!
Through a yearly audition process, Palm Beach Symphony awards one to three high school seniors in Palm Beach County who are planning to pursue a degree program in music with an advanced level instrument. Each student recipient will work closely with Palm Beach Symphony to identify, test, and select the ideal instrument, enabling them to further their studies and share their music with others into the future.
The award was renamed in the second year of the program in honor of Lisa Bruna, for her talents as a writer, her passion for helping others and her significant contributions to the Palm Beach Symphony.
Student nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a current high school senior
- Student must be planning to enter a music degree program at a university or institution of higher education
- Student must be in good academic standing (based on most recent school report card)
- Student must be nominated by a music teacher or private instructor who believes the student will thrive as a music major in college
Nomination and Selection Process
Submission Deadline is November 1, 2021!
- Nominators must be a music teacher and/or private music instructor.
- Nominators must complete the nomination form (available below) and submit it by November 1, 2021.
- Students must prepare two contrasting musical works for an audition in front of a panel of judges.
- Auditions/interviews will be held at the Symphony offices in early December.
- Winner(s) will have the opportunity to select and test a variety of instruments in order to choose the best fit. The goal is for the student to have the instrument for practice prior to their college auditions.
- Winner(s) will be invited to attend the Palm Beach Symphony Annual Gala where the official awarding of the instrument will take place.
Congratulations to the following past Lisa Bruna B-Major Award winners:
Anabella Paolucci, violin – 2021 winner
Derek Janoff, clarinet – 2021 winner
Paul Stancampiano – 2021 runner-up
Abigail McNutt, violin – 2020 winner
Samuel Soliz, alto saxophone – 2020 first runner-up
Valentina Paolucci, violin – 2019 winner