Instrumental Music Teacher of the Year Award
Do you know a marvelous music teacher in Palm Beach County who deserves some extra recognition? Students, parents, colleagues and members of the community are invited to nominate local instrumental music teachers for the title of Palm Beach Symphony Instrumental Music Teacher of the Year.
Teachers can be nominated for such things as their outstanding instructional technique, ability to nurture talent and capability of connecting with and inspiring their students.
Congratulations to Susan Ott Rodberg of U.B. Kinsey/Palmview Elementary for being our Instrumental Music Teacher of the Year for 2019!
Teacher nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current band or orchestra K-12 music teacher at a public, private, or charter school in Palm Beach County
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience working directly with students, teaching music within a classroom/school setting
- Meet standards of professional and ethical conduct and demonstrate respect and integrity in dealing with students, parents, and colleagues
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully transfer their knowledge, passion, and love of music to students and to inspire them to build musical knowledge and experiences
- Have an exemplary history of work in music education and play an active role in the community
Nomination and Selection Process
- Nominators must complete a nomination form (available below) and submit it by Nov. 1, 2019. Submissions that meet all eligibility requirements will be reviewed by a panel of judges that includes esteemed musicians, industry professionals and educators in Palm Beach County
- Winner will be honored at an awards ceremony held at Palm Beach Symphony’s Annual Holiday Luncheon – Holly Jolly Symphony Fête – at The Beach Club in Palm Beach on Dec. 17, 2019
- Official 2019 Instrumental Music Teacher of the Year framed certificate
- Coaching sessions by Palm Beach Symphony musicians for spring semester music students ($2,000 value)
- Classroom visit by Gerard Schwarz, music director of the Palm Beach Symphony
- Invitation for a student music ensemble of the winning teacher’s choice to perform at a Palm Beach Symphony event
- Complimentary tickets for the winner’s classes to attend the Palm Beach Symphony concert at Benjamin Upper School on Friday, Feb. 7 2020, or the Kravis Center on Sunday, April 19, 2020
- Basket of Indulgences: Winning teacher will enjoy gift items including dining and entertainment